Cold Weather Policy
Just a reminder that when our weather turns colder, students need to make sure they are dressed properly for the outdoors. They will be outside up until the temperature and wind chill are -25°C. Please refer to our policy below.
- students will be asked to remain outside until 9 a.m. and 12:40 p.m., with the exception of inclement weather (see below) or permission granted by a teacher
The colour code system for cold weather works as follows. A red or green paper will be placed in the window at each entrance to let students know what to do.
GREEN - used when the temperature is colder that -25°C (including wind chill)
- students may come into their classrooms in the morning and at noon
- parents, please do not bring students earlier than 8:45 a.m.
- all students stay in at recess
- lunch students stay in at lunch time
RED - used when the temperature is warmer than -25°C (including wind chill)
- students shall remain outside before school and go outside at recess and lunch